SELECTED DIRECTING CREDITS
URBAN MOMFARE, A New Musical NY International Fringe Festival
4 Stars and Critics Pick…Time Out NY
NY Fringe Festival Best Musical Award
DINAH WAS Willamstown Theatre Festival
With Yvette Freeman, Victor Love, Bernie Passeltiner
AS YOU LIKE IT Williamstown Theatre Festival
With Madeleine Potter, Victor Slezak
ENOUGH ROPE Williamstown Theatre Festival
World Premier presentation.
With Elaine Stritch
Produced with the Clark Art Institute.
EDITH PIAF LIVES Joe’s Pub, The Public Theatre
Co-created with Flo Ankah
BAD DATES City Theatre
With Tasha Lawrence
TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE City Theatre
With Bernie Passeltiner & Dan Krell
THE GODDESS Looking Glass Theatre Company
TEIBELE AND HER DEMON Jewish Theatre of Pittsburgh
ALBERT THE MOUSE Manhattan Class Company
With Robert Lupone.
PAINTING X'S ON THE MOON Crossover Productions/Kraine Theater
With Vincent Pastore, Jennifer Esposito, Sean Patrick Riley
THE BABY DANCE The Barrow Group
With Core Artists Ensemble
FAST & FAB I, II, & III The Barrow Group
Festival Director of New Works
GANGSTER APPAREL Gloucester Stage
Produced by Israel Horowitz.
YOUR RACE AND MINE La Mama
East Coast Premier
MY FATHER’S WAR Theatre Squared
CENNTENNIAL CASTING Triad Theatre
With Lou Martini
SHRINK Laurie Beechman Theatre
ABRASIVE FAIRYTALES Laurie Beechman Theatre
New York Premier
JUMPING OFF THE FRIDGE Theater/Theatre, Los Angeles
SELECTED ASSISTING CREDITS
ANGELS IN AMERICA Asst. to Tony Kushner
Mark Taper Forum
UNFINISHED STORIES Gordon Davidson, Dir.
Mark Taper Forum
MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM Gordon Davidson, Dir.
WINGS Michael Maggio, Dir.
Joseph Papp Public Theatre,
HENCEFORWARD Tom Moore, Dir.
Mark Taper Forum
MADWOMAN OF CHAILLOT Tom Moore, Dir.
Williamstown Theatre Festival
IN A HEARTBEAT 29 Hour Reading, NYC
With Lena Hall
SUBPRIME 29 Hour Reading, NYC
With Annaleigh Ashford, Celia Keenan Bolger, Geneva Carr, Emily Bergl, Julian Cihi, Alison Wright
CARRAVAGGIO The Cherry Lane
With Federico Castelluccio
And so many more readings, that if I had a nickle…!
THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN NBC Bob Berlinger, Dir.
LIFE AND...STUFF NBC Andy Cadiff, Dir.
USA HIGH USA Network Frank Bonner, Dir.
SECRET VOWS CBS Movie of the Week, Peter Hunt, Dir.
Assistant to Mr. Hunt; training for single camera/film.
SELECTED AWARDS AND AFFILIATIONS
Board of Governors: Theatre League Alliance; Broadway on Sunset
Boris Sagal Directing Grant Recipient
Usual Suspect, New York Theatre Workshop
Director, New Dramatists
University Regional Theater Association Finalist
Masters Degree New York University
Designed my own Masters in Elements of Directing.
Thesis: “Stanislavski On One Foot: Acting Technique for Non-Acting Theatre Professionals.”
Accompanying Paper: “Transformation of the Actor’s Use of Self in Contemporary Performance.”
B.A. Wesleyan UniversityHonors in Theater;
Honors Thesis Production in Directing: THE MASTER BUILDER.
Honors Thesis Paper: "The Effect of Norwegian Folklore on Scandinavian Art and Theater.
- "Performers mesh easily under Alice Jankell's lively well-modulated direction." -The Boston Globe
- "Director Alice Jankell carries it all off flawlessly with thorough, colorful believability and such naturalness..." - The Front Weekly
- "Director Alice Jankell leads the play and the audience...with sensitivity and invisibility allowing the play to ebb, flow and race ahead seemingly on it's own." - Pittsburgh Tribune - Review
- "Alice Jankell's direction pulls everything together for a splendid evening." - Talkin' Broadway Regional Theatre News
- "...credit to the very wonderful work of Director Alice Jankell and her cast." - Pittsburgh City Paper
- "Directed with delicacy by Alice Jankell." - Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- "The velvet glove direction of Alice Jankell." - City Paper